Alana is a world full of magic. Every creature has magic inside itself and some can even channel the magic of the world and use it as spells and potions. The magic of Alana can be broken in 5 fundamental types, that can be mixed to achieve more complex magics.
- Air: It's considered a volatile magic, it includes air and wind.
- Fire: It's considered a fierce magic, it includes fire and heath.
- Water: It's considered a magic with its own wills, includes water in general, as rain and even blood.
- Earth: It's considered a nurturing magic, includes the ground, plants, fungi and algae.
- Energy: This kind of magic is the one that allows the use of all magic. There's no single creature in this world that don't have at least a bit of energy magic in itself. Many things are made using this magic subconsciously, like breeding. It includes healing and mind magic. It's considered an easy magic, but it's said that to truly master it the user needs to stay truthful to their heart.
Those kinds of magic may be mixed to make other more complex kinds, like Poison, Ice, Shadow and Electricity. Any Fantele can learn any of those magics, even if they have low magic aptitude. Magic works by channeling the outside magic to yourself and back out shaping the world.
All fanteles are capable of sensing bad energy and consume it, turning bad energy on a comforting energy. As well as travel to different dimensions. This does not need to be learned by any fantele, those magics are inherent of them.
Even if anyone can learn all kinds of magic, fanteles can be born with a certain affinity, that makes some kind easier to learn. It's known that babies born from magic user parents may inherent an affinity from them. Magic abilities are grouped in levels and can be taught by teachers or learned independently through books and practice. To discover how to learn magic go to the Magic Guide.
Fundamental magics are easier to learn than complex magics, as the complex ones require some knowledge of fundamental magics. Level 1 to 4 equals basic abilities, level 5 to 8 is intermediate and level 9 to 12 is mastery. It's needed to learn the abilities in order, you can't learn ability 4 without learning abilities 1, 2 and 3.
This magic is considered very volatile, changing all the time just like the weather. But anyone with enough patience to wait for the right time or to learn how to predict this magic can master it with easy. As such the users of this kind of magic are often considered patient or opportunistic, smart enough to recognize opportunities and take advantage of them.
- Level 1 - Sense Weather: The ability to sense tiny modifications in the air, like humidity, to predict how the weather will change.
- Level 2 - Long Range Hearing: The wind magic in the world can reverberate the noises around it. This ability allows the user to hear this reverberation, being able to hear things that are far away.
- Level 3 - Impulse: The ability to move tiny bags of air, allowing them to lesser the friction with the air and making the user run faster.
- Level 4 - Tiny Wind Gust: This ability is just a step up of Impulse. Instead of using the air magic towards their own body the user uses it towards another object, making it move. This ability can't be used in other living creatures, as the creature's own magic make it harder to control the gust.
- Level 5 - Manipulate Sound Waves I: It allows the user to manipulate the sound waves, making any noise louder or quieter as they wish.
- Level 6 - Manipulate Sound Waves II: This ability is a continuation of the previous one, the user is now able to manipulate the sound waves better and chose who can or not hear certain noises and at which volume. It's useful to have private talks with anyone the user wants.
- Level 7 - Wind Control: It's a step up of Tiny Wind Gust. It allows the control of bigger masses of air. It isn't strong enough to levitate a fantele, but it's possible to levitate small objects.
- Level 8 - Levitate: The ability to levitate, be it the own user or others creatures that aren't bigger than the user of this magic. Levitation is limited, they can't levitate too high or for too long, so it doesn't equal to flying.
- Level 9 - Manipulate Weather: The ability to change the weather as a whole. Create clouds, air masses and more.
- Level 10 - Breath At High Altitudes: No more trouble breathing when in a mountain or even when flying. This ability consists in being able to concentrate better the oxygen in the air.
- Level 11 - Create tornadoes: The ability to create tornadoes at the user's will. It's advised to train this ability in a wind classroom, as to not put any passing-by fantele at risk.
- Level 12 - Fly: The ability to fly as high as the user wants. Wings can help the user to fly longer and higher without using so much magic or getting tired so easily.
This magic is considered fierce, a force to be reckon in nature, but anyone strong-willed enough to keep trying at every failed attempt can tame this powerful magic. As such, the users of this kind of magic are often considered strong-willed, people who knows what they want from life and are ready to get it at any cost, some may say that fire magic users are only stubborn people who don't know when to give up.
- Level 1 - Change Body Temperature: The ability to feel heath and accumulate or dissipate it in the user's own body. It's not advised to train it alone, as misusing it can cause a fever or hypothermia.
- Level 2 - Change Temperature of Other Objects: It's a step up from the level below, but instead of concentrating the magic only in the user's body it can be used in others objects. With enough training, it can be used even to melt metals, but the user needs to be careful with burns.
- Level 3 - Heath Immunity: It allows the user to not be burned by fire or hot objects, this doesn't apply to burns by cold. Be careful: at the beginning the user will need much concentration to use this ability, so any distractions can result in nasty burns. It's not advised to train it alone.
- Level 4 - Manipulate Fire: Everyone's favorite basic ability. It allows the manipulation of any fire, big or small. It's advised to train well the previous ability before trying this one, as to avoid any burn accident.
- Level 5 - Manipulate Smoke: As the name says, it allows the manipulation of smoke. It's an ability much used in festivals, to create shows with smoke.
- Level 6 - Create Sparkles: It's the first step to create fire. It allows the creation of tiny sparkles that can ignite a fire if close to the right materials. It's advised to train it in fireproof classroom, as to avoid unintentional fires.
- Level 7 - Create Smoke: The ability to create smoke out of thin air. It's useful when the user needs smoke but starting a fire may be too dangerous.
- Level 8 - Create Fire: The ability to create fire out of thin air. It's advised to train it in fireproof classroom, as to avoid unintentional fires.
- Level 9 - Change Fire's Color: The ability to change the fire's composition and change it to the users preferred color. Many say it's a pointless ability, only useful for shows, but knowing this ability means a profound knowledge and control of fire, essential to complete the mastery.
- Level 10 - Explosions: The ability to weaponize fire, creating small to big explosions. It's an ability manly used for shows or by the military in combat
- Level 11 - Breath fire: The ability to form fire inside the user's own body and let it out, usually by the mouth or nostrils. At this point of the lessons, the user should have a great control of fire magic, and the use of basic abilities like Heath Immunity should be effortless and subconscious, so avoiding any burning problems this ability could cause.
- Level 12 - Sustains Fire on Body: The ability to form fire in certain parts of the user's body as well as sustain them for as long as the user wishes. It's an ability that shouldn't use much of the user's powers, and can be used as an indicator of the user's well-being and tiredness.
This magic is considered a force with its own wills, that bows to no one, but anyone capable of convincing it is capable of turning the magic's will in their own will. As such the users of this kind of magic are often considered good speakers, capable of convincing anyone, or just plain manipulative.
- Level 1 - Locate Water: The ability to sense large bodies of water nearby.
- Level 2 - Control Humidity: The ability to change the humidity in the air, it's the first step to actually manipulate water.
- Level 3 - Manipulate Water Currents: It's the second step to manipulate water. It has the objective of familiarizing the user with the magic's wills and how to change them. It allows small changes in direction of the water currents.
- Level 4 - Manipulate Water: The ability to control water.
- Level 5 - Create Whirlpools: As the name says, it's the ability to create whirlpools. It's advised to train this ability in the water classroom pool, as to not put any passing-by fantele at risk.
- Level 6 - Walk on Water: The ability to walk in any body of water without sinking. It's an ability much utilized in acrobatic shows.
- Level 7 - Condense Water: The ability to change the physic state of water. It's more focused in turning gaseous water into liquid water, but can be used to change any form into another.
- Level 8 - Create Rain: With condense water and control humidity, it's just a little step up to actually be able to create rain. It's usual to pair a fantele learning control weather to one learning this ability, where the air magic user creates clouds and the water magic user makes it rain.
- Level 9 - Breath Underwater: Having full control of the other abilities, this ability only requires that the user can control water enough as to keep it from their lungs and to separate oxygen to the rest of the water, making it possible to breath underwater even without gills.
- Level 10 - Create Waterspouts: It's a step up to create whirlpools. Like with create whirlpools, it's advised to train this ability in the water classroom pool, as to not put any passing-by fantele at risk.
- Level 11 - Purify Water: The ability to separate the water from the rest of a solution. It's useful to solve a water pollution problem. Anyone with this ability can be sure to get an easy job in many settlements.
- Level 12 - Blood magic: PROHIBITED. It's against the law to learn this kind of magic. It consists in using the water present in the blood of someone against them. It can be used to kill, as well as control someone. With this magic is possible to weaponize the user's own blood as well as other people's blood. You can’t learn this ability normally.
This magic is considered a nurturing magic, that needs someone caring and kind to take the best of it. As such the users of this kind of magic are often considered loving and kind, even if some think of them more like soft pushovers who can't stand for themselves.
- Level 1 - Locate Flora: The ability to feel where and how far are plants, fungi and algae.
- Level 2 - Identify Flora: The ability to identify if a plant, fungi or algae is edible, venous and/or have some healing property.
- Level 3 - Manipulate soil: The ability to move and modify the composition of the soil.
- Level 4 - Sprout seeds: The ability to break a seed's dormancy and make it bloom.
- Level 5 - Manipulate Flora Growth: It's a step up of sprout seeds. It allows the user to make a plant, fungi or algae grown faster or slower, or even stop growing at all. As well as start or stop their reproduction, resulting in more or fewer mushrooms and fruits, for example. It's easier to use in plants than in fungi and algae.
- Level 6 - Manipulate Flora: The ability to make plants, fungi and algae move at the user's will.
- Level 7 - Talk to Flora: The ability to extract information of plants, fungi and algae. Despise its name, this ability don't allow the user to hear the flora's words, as it's not how plants, fungi and algae communicate. But it allows the user to feel if the flora needs more water or sun, as well as if there's a fire affecting them or if someone passed by a certain place.
- Level 8 - Locate metals/gems: The ability to feel and locate metals and gems in rocks and under the ground.
- Level 9 - Manipulate metals/gems: As the name says, it's the ability to manipulate metal and gems, including shaping them in the desired form. Makes the work of a blacksmith and jewelry maker easier.
- Level 10 - Grow metals/gems: The ability to accelerate the growth of metals and gems, as well as create them from thin air.
- Level 11 - Sustain flora/metals/gems in body: The ability to allow the growth of plants, fungi, algae, metals and/or gems in the user's own body, as well as the ability to keep the flora alive. It's an ability that shouldn't use much of the user's powers, and can be used as an indicator of user's well-being and tiredness.
- Level 12 - Terraform: The ability to alter the terrain and environment of a certain place to make it more welcoming to certain lifeforms.
This magic is considered the easiest one, many times being used without the user even noticing. It's also the kind of magic that allows the use of any other magic. As such some people may say that those who chose to follow this magic path are lazy or unfit for other magics, sometimes being considered wannabe criminals or villains because of the kind of ability this magic path offers. But it is also said that just the few who stay truthful to their hearts can fully master this magic, and as such some see the users of this magic as carefree and as people who follow their dreams.
- Level 1 - Minor healing: The ability to accelerate the healing rate of the user, another creature or even flora.
- Level 2 - Heal: The ability to fully heal an injury. Hardly the user will be able to use it in themselves unless it's a very small injury, due the distracting pain a bigger injury would cause. The kind of injury the user can heal varies from user to user and with training, but some worse injuries will always ask for more help. Students of this ability many times are paired with other students that are training more dangerous abilities and may need the aid.
- Level 3 - Create Light: The ability to create small to big light points. With training those light points can be shaped as the user desires.
- Level 4 - Telepathy I: The ability to read someone's mind. At this level the user can only have an idea of how the person feels and some minor thoughts. It's considered impolite to read someone's mind without asking beforehand and it's heavily discouraged to do so.
- Level 5 - Create illusions: The ability to shape light rays to look like an object or person. It's an ability that can easily exhaust a user and should be used with caution. The more detailed, bigger or the longer the illusion is used, the harder is to keep it up.
- Level 6 - Turn Invisible: The ability to make a person or an object seem invisible. It's hard to do so in living creatures and in moving objects.
- Level 7 - Telepathy II: The ability to read someone's mind. At this level the user is able to read full on sentences and even tap in the person's memory. It's considered impolite to read someone's mind without asking beforehand and it's heavily discouraged to do so. It's an ability very sought after for jobs as police officer, psychologist and judge. This kind of ability also allows the user to protect their own mind of other telepathy users.
- Level 8 - Create force fields: The ability to create force fields around someone or something. The bigger and the longer the force field is used, the hard is to keep it up.
- Level 9 - Silence Magic: PROHIBITED WITHOUT LICENSE. Any user seem utilizing this ability without a license should be arrested in the spot. It consists in making another user being unable to utilize their own magic for a limited amount of time. Only users in jobs related to reinforce laws and military are allowed to learn this ability. You need to have 10 reputation points to be able to learn this ability.
- Level 10 - Mind Control: PROHIBITED WITHOUT LICENSE. Any user seem utilizing this ability without a license should be arrested in the spot. It consists in controlling someone's mind to force them to do what the user wishes or to reshape their mind to think, remember or forget as the user wishes. It used to be an ability used by military but nowadays to use it in a battle is considered a severe war crime. Now only high-respected psychologist may learn this ability, to be used only in very specific cases, for patients that don't answer to any other kind of therapy. You need to have 20 reputation points to be able to learn this ability.
- Level 11 - Speak to the death: PROHIBITED. It's against the law to learn this kind of magic. It consists in being able to communicate to people already dead. There's no known user of this ability, and many say it's not even real, that's only a silly legend. You can’t learn this ability normally.
- Level 12 - Create Life/raise the dead: PROHIBITED. It's against the law to learn this kind of magic. It consists in creating life out of thin air, like Alana herself once did to create the fantels and other species, this kind of ability could be used as well to raise the dead. There's no known user of this ability, and many say it's not even real, that's only a silly legend. You can’t learn this ability normally.